Re: I-D Action: draft-jaeggli-interim-observations-00.txt

2012-10-26 11:00:52
Thank you, Joel, for putting pen to paper (pixels to glass?) on this, and thank you, Jari, Randy, and Warren for sharing your thoughts.

As was pointed out, we've had conversations about LIMs previously. It might be worth asking Ray to provide a paragraph or two on history and the motivations when some of the previous LIMs were discussed.

My memory of the proposed 2009 Malta LIM (supplemented by Teh Google) was that the working groups planning to meet weren't just from one area of interest (something like four RAI groups, plus SOFTWIRES and BEHAVE). I don't know if that helps or hurts - at a minimum, RIPE/foonog may not be the draw for RAI that it was for the groups that met this time.

FWIW, http://trac.tools.ietf.org/2009/jan-large-interim/ says 60 potential attendees didn't qualify as a large interim :-)

Spencer