Re: [IETF] Re: I-D Action: draft-jaeggli-interim-observations-00.txt

2012-10-15 17:38:18
On 10/15/12 1:53 PM, Warren Kumari wrote:
Sad as it is, getting folk together in a room helps focus the
discussion and provides many fewer opportunities for
misunderstanding…

I don't like interim meetings, but unfortunately the IETF seems
increasingly meeting-deadline driven so more deadlines is probably
the best way to keep work moving forward.  They've also been very
effective in helping to transition the IETF to an organization
that's far friendlier to large companies with big travel budgets
than it is to smaller companies with more constraints.  I also
wonder if some companies think they're IETF contributors by
putting bodies in chairs at meetings instead of focusing on
contributing to the work.  But hey, it's all good.

Melinda