Re: [lisp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-03.txt> (LISP EID Block) to Informational RFC

2012-11-16 10:44:01
Dino,

      But who are the registries? The RIRs? Large ISPs? IANA? I think you
should specify clearly either: what a registry is or that is not defined
yet.

Yes, nothing has to change in terms of who and how PI addresses are allocated.

      Point taken on "This draft is purely a draft to REQUEST space. There
will need to be a deployment guide on how to allocate EIDs, in general."
But then it should be written somewhere in the document.

I agree the wording in the abstract and introduction should be a bit stronger
and/or more direct.

      Although it could be enough only to clearly say that a deployment guide
would define allocation guides in the future; for the sake of clarity
and usefulness (now, after the space is allocated by IANA it will be
there left unused because there is not a clearly indication how is going
to be used) I would recommend to discuss how the space is going to be
allocated.

Sure, good comment.

Dino

Regards