Re: [lisp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-03.txt> (LISP EID Block) to Informational RFC

2012-11-21 16:11:56
A possible course of action for the LISP Working Group and the IESG to
consider would be for the existing /32 address be documented as an IANA
Special Purpose Address allocation for use in supporting the current
LISP experiment, and for the LISP advocates to make their case for
particular requirements in the handling of global unicast address
allocations in IPv6 to the regional addressing communities. This would
allow the existing address policy development process to generate
outcomes that appropriately address the desires and concerns of the
broader community of stakeholders in supporting the potential
requirements of a broad base of deployment of LISP in the Internet's
routing environment.

I think this is a reasonable suggestion. I do believe the size of the prefix is
less important than having a semantic associated with the prefix.

We do not support the publication of this draft as an Informational RFC.

regards,

 John Curran,
 Paul Wilson, and
 Geoff Huston