Re: request to make the "tools version" of the agenda the default

2012-11-30 09:11:52
John,

I took this request as request to change the default, given that the
tool-version is what I use (mostly) that change would be beneficial,
but I'd be reluctant to see the HTML-version go away immediately.

/Loa

On 2012-11-30 15:51, John C Klensin wrote:

--On Thursday, 29 November, 2012 10:11 -0800 Wes Hardaker
<wjhns1(_at_)hardakers(_dot_)net> wrote:

So, the 'tools version' with all the wonderful spiffy links to
helpful things (the materials, the etherpad, the ...) and the
spiffy highlighting ability (Dark Red!  I love dark red!) has
been very stable and highly useful for quite a while now.  But
the default link on the web page still points to the
less-useful HTML version (which has a link at the top to get
to the tools version).

FWIW, I agree that the "tools version" is better in every way
that I can think of than the static HTML version.  But for those
of us who are still enough members of the dinosaur age to still
sometimes read things on WiFi-free airplanes and trains and
(shudder) still sometimes mark up paper, _please_ don't
implement this change the way the change to the I-D
announcements was done, i.e., by forcing a several-stage
click-through process to get to whatever versions are not the
preferred version of the year.

    john

--

Loa Andersson                         email:
loa(_dot_)andersson(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com