Re: When to adopt a draft as a WG doc (was RE: "IETF work is done on the mailing lists")

2012-12-03 12:25:11

On Nov 29, 2012, at 12:03 PM, SM wrote:

According to some RFC:

 "All relevant documents to be discussed at a session should be published
  and available as Internet-Drafts at least two weeks before
  a session starts."

If the above was followed there shouldn't be any draft submissions during the
week a meeting is held.

Not sure I agree with that. A draft submitted during the indicated week isn't
up for discussion that week, but it may easily be the start of a mailing list
discussion for a subsequent meeting, or it may be an update to a draft as an
outcome of discussion. I see both pretty regularly.