Re: Simplifying our processes: Conference Calls

2012-12-03 12:39:34
Hi Hannes,
At 07:41 03-12-2012, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
Why do we need to announce conference calls (or Jabber chats) on the IETF announce mailing list? How likely is it that someone cares about a working group effort, does not subscribe to the WG mailing list, has not seen a poll about the date and time, and wants to participate in the conference call? To me - this seems rather unlikely.

There are people contributing to a working group who are not subscribed to the mailing list. There are probably people who are not actively following a working group who might attend a conference call.

Could we please change that?

Sending an email through ietf-announce@ is not that much work [1] [2]. If you broadcast the announcement to the entire community it's public. You don't have to worry about the questions you asked above or conspiracy theories.

Regards,
-sm

1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/scim/current/msg00782.html
2. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg72510.html