Re: Simplifying our processes: Conference Calls

2012-12-05 10:25:32

On 12/5/2012 1:25 AM, Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo) wrote:
It's a question of costs and benefits. The cost of the IETF Announce
posting is small. There are not that many of them and I don't find
them to be a burden.

How many conference calls as part of working group activities did you
organize in the last two years?

Hannes, your question is in response to the assertion that the cost of adding the IETF Announce list is small. Ignoring the apparent non-sequitor of your response, the nature of your question implies that you think it is not small. Please explain.

At base, you want to treat conference calls according to different rules than f2f meetings. What I haven't seen is a principled explanation from you that justifies this. So: what are the underlying principles that justify treating conference calls as different from other time-specific IETF interactions?

d/
--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking