Re: A proposal for a scientific approach to this question [was Re: I'm struggling with 2219 language again]

2013-01-07 06:43:43
Indeed an interesting additional question.

My view is that you MUST NOT use RFC2119 language, unless you MUST use it, for exactly that reason. What is important is "on the wire" (a term that from experience is very difficult to define) inter-operation, and implementers need to be free to achieve that though any means that suits them.

- Stewart