Re: Last Call: <draft-farrell-ft-03.txt> (A Fast-Track way to RFC with Running Code) to Experimental RFC

2013-01-29 10:14:06

On 1/29/2013 6:34 AM, Thomas Narten wrote:
Stephen Farrell <stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie> writes:
 I'm going to conclude that we're collectively
either unwilling or unable to consider 3933 experiments and
regard this one as dead, which maybe means 3933 is dead-ish
too, I dunno. (And before someone asks: no, I don't conclude
that its just a problem with this particular experiment, and
yes, I might be wrong there:-)

I object to this (and have come close to saying it a few times
before).

One of the things that further undermines potential support for
something (and further raises questions about intentions) is when
people raise legitmate and substantive issues with a specific
proposal, and the responses start moving away from responding to the
substance to arguments  like "Gee, can't we even do experiments anymore",
etc., etc.

+1

This just-terminated proposal was marked by a rather obscure and strikingly weak value proposition, and no apparent concern for costs of implementation and use.

d/

--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking