Re: [IETF] Internet Draft Final Submission Cut-Off Today

2013-02-26 17:17:15

On 27/02/2013, at 9:59 AM, Warren Kumari <warren(_at_)kumari(_dot_)net> wrote:

On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:54 PM, Roberto Peon <grmocg(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I'm not sure that the deadline serves any positive purpose so long as we
keep all of the versions anyway.
It certainly is annoying the way it is now and is disruptive to the
development process rather than helpful for it.

Um, maybe.

Another way to look at it is that a deadline, any deadline, helps stop folk
procrastinating and actually *submit*.

Have a look at the number of submissions just before the cutoffs…

I think that's a poor trade-off. As discussed before, the publishing embargo
disrupts work that isn't in sync with meetings. This is a tangible and somewhat
high price to pay just to serve as a procrastination-buster for those that need
it.

I'd be willing to deal with an embargo for draft-ietf-*, but don't see at all
why it extends to other drafts.

Regards,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Melinda Shore