RE: Internet Draft Final Submission Cut-Off Today

2013-02-27 08:44:48
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Scott Kitterman
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:42 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Internet Draft Final Submission Cut-Off Today

How does that relate to working groups that aren't meeting?

[WEG] Signal to noise ratio. I (and I assume others) use the IETF's RSS feed to
see all new drafts when they are posted. This is in order to have a fighting
chance to see drafts I might care about that happen in WGs that I am not an
active participant in, both to help me see if there are other WG lists I need
to subscribe to or if there are meetings I should attend as a "tourist", or
direct feedback to the authors prior to IETF LC.
New drafts posted for WGs that aren't meeting (and while I'm at it, throwaway
placeholder -00 drafts with no content) help contribute to the crush of drafts
to sift through, because it's not readily apparent based on the RSS summary or
the draft itself whether the WG is meeting. Add me as one more +1 in support of
a quiet period to give me a chance to catch up on draft review before the
meeting.

It was silly I had to rush to post a draft on Monday for a WG that's not
meeting.

[WEG] Yes it was silly you had to rush, because if the WG isn't meeting,
there's no reason why you couldn't have simply waited until after the
moratorium elapsed, or posted it well prior to the inevitable rush of work that
precedes every meeting.
Though alternatively it should be possible to have the system continue
accepting submissions and only make them public at the expiration of the
posting moratorium.

Wes George

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.