Re: Internet Draft Final Submission Cut-Off Today

2013-02-26 13:13:02
On Feb 26, 2013, at 8:01 PM, Dale R. Worley wrote:

From: James Polk <jmpolk(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>

It used to be 5 PM Pacific, now it's 24:00 UTC.

It's always been 2400 UTC, but with all the daylight savings time
adjustments from country to country changing from year to year, I
have talked to the Secretariat before (and recently), and verified
this is indeed 8pm ET, at least for those in the US.

Well, 2400 UTC is 8pm Eastern Daylight (i.e., summer) Time (GMT-4),
but 7pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5).  So I'd ask *when* did the
Secretariat tell you that?

Personally, I'd trust "date -u" much sooner than any random person.
Even better:

   $ date --date='00:00 Feb 26, 2013 UTC'
   Mon Feb 25 19:00:00 EST 2013
   $