Re: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-barnes-healthy-food-06.txt

2013-02-26 13:11:16

--On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 09:09 -0600 Mary Barnes
<mary(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)barnes(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

[WEG] Perhaps a model similar to RFC 6640 would be
appropriate - having this draft explicitly recommend use of a
wiki or other semi-permanent method to store and share
information collaboratively about specific locations'
healthy/restricted diet options based on past experience. It
could probably be a persistent subsection of the IETF meeting
wiki, or it could just as easily be a pointer to a
non-IETF-specific external website that is set up with
precisely this goal (helping travelers with special dietary
needs meet their requirements in strange cities) in mind.

[MB] That's an excellent suggestion in terms of information
sharing. We have been doing that on the IETF food list, but
for the cities that we re-visit on a regular basis, having
this more widely available on a wiki would be helpful.
Perhaps, we could add something to the tools page and do it by
meeting location to include all the logistics (including the
food) and have it more permanent. [/MB]

Let me suggest a small refinement.  See if you can separate the
"help in particular locations" issues from the "if there aren't
answers to these questions, we can't go there" ones.  Then we
need to make that list clear to the IASA in "a site visit isn't
complete without answers" form.  The specific answers and
optimizations are going to differ from site to site --and that
is where community input and wikis are useful-- but we need,
IMO, to eliminate "didn't think about that" and "don't have a
clue" from the information related to these subjects that comes
back from site visits.

    john