Re: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-barnes-healthy-food-06.txt

2013-02-26 13:28:11

"Mary" == Mary Barnes <mary(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)barnes(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
writes:
    >>> In Section 5:
    >>>
    >>> "For cases of first time attendees for a specific location,
    >>> relevant information can be gathered from attendees that have
    >>> previously visited the city."

    >>> There are recurrent discussions as nobody volunteered to gather
    >>> that information in one place.

    >> [WEG] Perhaps a model similar to RFC 6640 would be appropriate -
    >> having this draft explicitly recommend use of a wiki or other
    >> semi-permanent method to store and share information
    >> collaboratively about specific locations' healthy/restricted diet
    >> options based on past experience. It could probably be a
    >> persistent subsection of the IETF meeting wiki, or it could just
    >> as easily be a pointer to a non-IETF-specific external website
    >> that is set up with precisely this goal (helping travelers with
    >> special dietary needs meet their requirements in strange cities)
    >> in mind.

    Mary> [MB] That's an excellent suggestion in terms of information
    Mary> sharing.  We have been doing that on the IETF food list, but
    Mary> for the cities that we re-visit on a regular basis, having
    Mary> this more widely available on a wiki would be helpful.
    Mary> Perhaps, we could add something to the tools page and do it by
    Mary> meeting location to include all the logistics (including the
    Mary> food) and have it more permanent. [/MB]

That's one of the best arguments as to why we should revisit cities
we have bene to before ...

(a recent Type-II diabetic. I booked a place in Orlando with a
kitchen...)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works