Re: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-barnes-healthy-food-06.txt

2013-02-25 17:17:32
Hi Mary,
At 10:36 25-02-2013, Mary Barnes wrote:
have Ice Cream Thursdays unless someone sponsors it.  Since I was
highly disappointed at the Atlanta meeting, I was able to get Polycom
to sponsor the event at IETF-86 ;)

This is ample motivation for me to support the draft. :-)

At this stage, the feedback I would like related to this document is
with regards it's readiness for publication as an RFC.  One of the

It better to decide whether to publish now (Last Call) then to wait another five years.

In Section 4:

 "A wide range of research has shown that about 10% of the population
  prefer to eat a healthy diet."

Can I have some references for that?

 "Thus, it is estimated that at least 10 percent of the IETF
  participants would take advantage of healthy food offerings."

Based on the previous sentence, the above could be read as at least 10 percent of IETF participants are educated. :-)

  "There are laws in many countries and jurisdictions (e.g.,U.S., E.U.)
   that make it illegal to mislabel foods that are Halal or Kosher.  At
   this time, food manufacturers in many jusisdictions (e.g.,U.S., U.K,
   E.U.) must include all ingredients on the labels of any packaged food
   product."

The "must" was violated ( http://ec.europa.eu/ireland/press_office/news_of_the_day/horse-meat-food-labelling-plan_en.htm ).

In Section 5:

  "For cases of first time attendees for a specific location, relevant
   information can be gathered from attendees that have previously
   visited the city."

There are recurrent discussions as nobody volunteered to gather that information in one place.

In Section 8:

  "One can never assume that everything has been taken care of by
   someone else."

I suggest moving that to the security considerations section.

I suggest having the draft make recommendations instead of setting requirements. Some of the items in Section 7 "might" be things the IETF can do; some of the items are for other parties. It would be easier if the two sets are kept separate. I suggest moving the History stuff to an appendix (e.g. "The Cornucopia restaurant in Dublin [cornucopia] is a perfect example of how this can be done in an extremely cost-effective efficient and gastronomically appealing manner". I suggest avoiding stuff like "American Disabilities Act". It would be better to formulate the draft in terms of an international audience.

Regards,
-sm