Re: Internet Draft Final Submission Cut-Off Today

2013-02-27 13:19:14

On 2/27/2013 10:18 AM, ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
All the more so since it just leads people to use informal distribution
methods. I don't recall a case where a chair forbid the discussion of a draft
distributed this way.

I recall hearing something once about routing around obstacles... Pity we don't
internalize such principles fully.

Well, in an odd way we really do internalize most of the core Internet design and architecture rules quite well.

When the topic is IETF process, we seem to have an astonishingly consistent preference for choices that go in the opposite direction from what we've learned in creating the technology...

d/
--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking