Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

2013-03-04 16:28:32
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com>
wrote:
Margaret:

The problem with this argument is that it appears that we have a choice
between "limited knowledge of congestion control" and "an empty seat".
Which one is more likely to be able to learn about it?

If that were the extent of this discussion, then the answer would be obvious.
 It is not that simple.

This is not the first time we have experienced difficulty in filling the
Transport AD seat.  Frankly, since RAI was extracted from Transport this has
been a recurring concern.  At various points over the last three years, there
have been discussions about reorganization.  That topic has come up on this
thread already.

So, the community is faced with two choices:
(1) fill the seat with someone with limited knowledge of congestion control,
but adequate time commitment to do the job; or
(2) reorganize the areas in some fashion.
[MB] Can you expand on this reorganization? This wasn't explicitly
stated in your original email.  How would this make up for not having
someone with Congestion Control expertise, which seemed to be the core
issue that has been discussed on this thread?   Note, I'm not debating
there might be other value in the reorganization, I'm just puzzled as
to how it solves this specific problem.
[/MB]

Russ