Re: Nomcom Reports

2013-03-04 16:21:26
Hi Mary,
At 12:31 04-03-2013, Mary Barnes wrote:
I have a general question for the community as to whether they find
such reports useful and whether we should encourage future nomcom
chairs to produce these?  While this is not listed as a requirement in

I found your report useful.

I will note that of the 4 issues that I raised in the report, there
are 2 that remain critical IMHO:
- Section 7.1   Diversity.  Out of the leaders across the IAOC, IAB
and IESG, there is one individual from Asia and one female (both on
the IAB).

There was an attempt to provide a path for female IETF participants. There wasn't any significant response.

The message from Michael StJohns might be related to diversity ( http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg77449.html ).

- Section 7.3.  Expertise.  Of course, this is directly related to the
long thread of discussion underway with regards to filling the
Transport AD position - i.e., it's the exact same situation faced by
the 2009-2010 Nomcom.

It can take years to get the expertise and there's no guarantee of success.

Regards,
-sm