Re: Nomcom Reports

2013-03-05 04:41:39
On 5/03/2013 00:49, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
On 3/4/2013 2:31 PM, Mary Barnes wrote:
As far as I can tell, the last official Nomcom report was from the
Nomcom I chaired (2009-2010):
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-barnes-nomcom-report-2009-00.txt

I have a general question for the community as to whether they find
such reports useful and whether we should encourage future nomcom
chairs to produce these?  While this is not listed as a requirement in
RFC 3777, I had understood as chair that this was a requirement for
the job, but again, I've not seen that carried on.  Personally, I
don't find a few .ppt charts adequate in terms of summarizing the
outcome of such an important IETF process.   The Nomcom gains a unique
insight into the operation of the IETF (and its leadership) that no
one else gets.

Mary, I found your report useful, especially when I served as the IAB liaison to the Nomcom the following year.

I would like to see reports like yours in the future.
+1

Regards, Benoit