RE: Nomcom Reports

2013-03-05 07:25:04
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Mary Barnes

I have a general question for the community as to whether they find such
reports useful and whether we should encourage future nomcom chairs to
produce these?  While this is not listed as a requirement in RFC 3777...

[WEG] Yes, and Yes. However, looking at this as an outsider based just on your
report and the thread that caused you to send this email, we have a larger
fault, in that it appears that no one in I* is taking ownership of the problems
identified. We'd be in a bit less of a crisis mode right now if someone had
gotten out ahead of this problem, which says to me that we may need an update
to 3777 to require both this report *and* a formal response by I* orgs to any
issues identified in said report, even if it is just to take this to the
community for discussion and suggestions when the problem is identified, rather
than after we've already tripped over it.

Thanks for sending this out

Wes George

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.