Re: congestion control? - (was Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director)

2013-03-04 18:41:54
Bob Braden wrote:
On 3/4/2013 10:20 AM, Roger Jørgensen wrote:
I'll ask a rather basic question and hope someone will answer in an
educational way - Why is congestion control so important? And where
does it apply? ... :-)

Ouch. Because without it (as we learned the hard way in the late 1980s) \
the Internet may collapse and provide essentially no service.

It is PR like this one:

  http://www.fujitsu.com/global/news/pr/archives/month/2013/20130129-02.html

That gets me worried about folks might try to "fix" the internet
mostly due to the fact that they really haven't understood what
is already there any why.

-Martin