Re: congestion control? - (was Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director)

2013-03-05 03:55:00
Roger,

On 3/4/13 7:20 PM, Roger Jørgensen wrote:
I'll ask a rather basic question and hope someone will answer in an
educational way - Why is congestion control so important? And where
does it apply? ... :-)

That basic question is a very important one to ask from time to time.
Others have already answered, and I will simply add one addition: the
way one implements congestion control (or not) has impact not only on
the party or parties with whom your computer is speaking, but on every
communication that shares the links between your computer and those
parties.  So: get it wrong and you can hurt others.  And it's easy to
get wrong.

Eliot