Re: congestion control? - (was Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director)

2013-03-06 22:11:10
Martin,

An article like this is the best reason why we should never finally resolve the
buffer bloat issue: Doing that would take away the opportunity for
generations of researcher to over and over regurgitate the same proposed
improvements and gain PhDs in the process.

I mean the Internet wold be like math without fermats last theorem.
Have you seen how disenfranchised mathematicians are now ? Its worse than the
mood at
Kennedy Space center without a shuttle program (to bring the discussion back to
relevant aspects of IETF Orlando).

Sorry. could'nt resist.

I was actually happy about using some of those UDP based flow control reliable
transports in past years when i couldn't figure out how to fix the TCP stack of
my OSs. Alas, the beginning of the end of TCP is near now anyhow with RTCweb
deciding
to use browser/user-level based SCTP over UDP stacks instead of OS-level TCP.