Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

2013-03-07 12:51:34
:gs/nomcom/nomcom process/

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 10:40:32AM -0800, David Kessens wrote:

Sam,

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 01:32:59PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:

I don't think there is hair splitting going on here; I think the issues
that are being raised are quite real and important.  It's not the IESG's
fault if the nomcom does x.  It is the IESG's fault if the IESG takes on
tasks delegated to the nomcom in RFC 3777.  As you are aware, I have
taken concerns I believe are best handled by the IAB and nomcom to the
IAB and nomcom.

The nomcom makes the appointments.
There is nothing the IESG can take away
from that. It is the nomcom that interprets the "requirements" from the
IESG. There is nothing the IESG can do about that. If you are unhappy how
the nomcom does the interpretation, contact the nomcom.

David Kessens
---