Re: Please review draft-housley-rfc2050bis-00.txt

2013-03-22 12:05:17
Hi Russ,
At 08:43 22-03-2013, Russ Housley wrote:
RFC 2050 contains rules that are superseded by RIR policies.

That doesn't explain the label. :-)

This document replaces RFC 2050. Since the publication of RFC 2050, the Internet Numbers Registry System has changed significantly. This document describes the present Internet Numbers Registry System.

I suggest adding text, for example, what is mentioned above.

RFC 2860 seems to be a fine reference. We could find others, but this seems to be good enough.

Ok.

The authors will try to improve the wording. The discussion of IANA should probably say that IANA represents to top of the IP address and AS number allocation hierarchies.

There is already text in the first paragraph of Section 2. I suggest leaving it to that.

This points to the policy structure that replaces the rules that were in RFC 2050.

John Curran responded to this. The current text is not clear. If you would like to remove policy text it may be better not to get into policy text.

No actions at this time.

I suggest removing the IANA Considerations Section.

It should be informative.

I don't see how it would be referenced in the draft then. I suggest removing that reference.

Regards,
-sm