RE: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-savi-threat-scope-06

2013-03-27 10:16:29
I think I can add text to address this. I will look more closely tomorrow, and
send you a proposal.
Thank you for all your efforts reviewing this.

Yours,
Joel

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Black, David [david(_dot_)black(_at_)emc(_dot_)com]
To: Ted Lemon [Ted(_dot_)Lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com]
CC: McPherson, Danny [dmcpherson(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com]; Fred Baker
[fred(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]; Joel Halpern
[joel(_dot_)halpern(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com]; gen-art(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[gen-art(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]; Jean-Michel Combes
[jeanmichel(_dot_)combes(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]; savi(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[savi(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]
Subject: RE: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-savi-threat-scope-06

Ted,

Remembering that this is an informational draft, which does a pretty good job
of informing the reader about the problem space, is it your opinion that the
issues you have raised _must_ be addressed before the document is published,
or do you think the document is still valuable even if no further text is
added to address your concern?

At a minimum, in section 4.1.2, this should be addressed:

b) the new text implies that LACP is the only way to cause this situation - it's
        not, so LACP should be used as an example.

I'm not sure I've seen Fred's response, but that change would suffice.  An RFC
Editor note should suffice.

Thanks,
--David