Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-17 15:48:10

On 17April2013Wednesday, at 12:45, SM wrote:

At 04:54 17-04-2013 it was written:
Is it true that you are really Professor Irwin Corey?

As I was unfamiliar with the above I looked it up.

From RFC 3184:

"The work of the IETF relies on cooperation among a broad cultural
  diversity of peoples, ideas, and communication styles."

The comment may be humorous or something else depending on cultural
background.

Regards,
-sm

I -think- your argument cuts both ways.   much of this thread, and a couple
others of recent vintage,
come from one or two ernest individuals who have a fairly narrow view of how
things work in the wide
world.  They appear to want to stamp out uncomfortable views and operational
practice that does not
align with their world view.   The Irwin Corey reference might be a gentle
reminder that one should not
take one's self too seriously, to seek sound, technically grounded solutions,
and seek to become part
of the community instead of trying to force the community to fit your view….

(Irwin is a consummate observer of the human  condition)

/bill