Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-19 04:38:17
Andrew

Because some people report that they experience a chilly environment,
and we respect those people for their other contributions and would
like more people like them to contribute in similar ways, and
therefore we want to make the environment less chilly.  I'm sort of
surprised that that problem, which has been stated in my view quite
plainly more than once in this thread, isn't evident to anyone
participating.

The environment may not be chilly, but may be unaware of experience
(did we experience a woman as AD?). The IETF culture can be defined
IMO as a argumental experience (firstly) plus technical (secondly),
mostly men argue for long (may get unsensitive) but women may not
fancy that. The participants' bias is not in technical experience it
is in argumental, which is not true that all discussions on the IETF
lists are technical, most of the time just men arguing and when they
get lost in technical they get backed up with the consensus procedural
argument.

 I don't think women were given a chance to proof their ability to
lead the IETF, so men can be aware of new experience.

AB