Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-11 11:06:11
Hi Ray,

As you may know, the form of the question asked in any survey can have
a major impact on both how it is answered and the rates at which it is
answered.  If you are considering adding a question on gender, may I
suggest you look at:
http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/collecting-transgender-inclusive-gender-data-in-workplace-and-other-surveys
.  It lays out some of the challenges faced there.  Since the next
meeting will be in Berlin, I also recommend that the IAOC read:
http://www.coe.int/t/dghl/monitoring/ecri/activities/themes/Ethnic_statistics_and_data_protection.pdf
as it lays out both case studies and at least a few pointers to the
relevant data protection requirements for collecting data deemed to be
"sensitive".

regards,

Ted Hardie

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 8:18 AM, IETF Administrative Director