Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-13 04:42:02
Hi Ted, Spencer

[I am merging my replies for convenience]

At 18:51 12-04-2013, Ted Lemon wrote:
Are they really that hard to get to know? A number of them are participating in this conversation. It's certainly hard to get time to sit with them at IETF meetings. I don't know what the workload is like for IAB members, but I think I worked at least an 80 hour week in Orlando.

It's not that hard to get to meet an IAB member. However, they have a busy workload which makes it difficult to meet them for a chat. Speaking for myself, I have not had any difficult meeting a few IAB members. I do not assume that the average IETF participant will get to know them.