Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-12 18:55:54
SM wrote:

Ted Lemon wrote:

So in fact you don't need to put some percentage of white males on
the IESG, the IAB or the IAOC to make me happy.   I want people on
these bodies who feel strongly about open standards, rough consensus
and running code.   That's the kool-aid I have drunk, and I

Me 2!

Thomas Narten mentioned that: "we have the tendency to pick the
people we know and trust, which is understandable".  How many IAB
members feel strongly about open standards, rough consensus and
running code?  To know the answer I would have to actually know the
IAB members.

I believe there is a problem for human beings that with more "choice"
the "picks" may get worse, based on an evolutionary cognitive limit.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar%27s_number
  http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html

-Martin