Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-12 09:39:27
On 4/12/2013 12:49 AM, SM wrote:
At 13:46 11-04-2013, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
If the IAB means "members", the number for females, as far as I
know(*), is 2/15, or 13 percent. If it means voting members, the
number for females is 1/13, or just under 8 percent.

If I use the 13% I can say that the IAB is more "diverse" than the
IAOC.  Some organizations use political arithmetic to look good.

Hi, SM,

I was just checking the math.

I couldn't possibly say what "good" means, and I'm interested in better understanding what "diverse" means, to this, ummm, at least somewhat diverse community ...

Spencer

p.s. And I wasn't trying to be snarky about the math. I blew the percentages in the first draft of my response, so I know it happens to the best of us :-)