Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-12 20:51:52
On Apr 12, 2013, at 7:32 PM, SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> wrote:
Thomas Narten mentioned that: "we have the tendency to pick the people we
know and trust, which is understandable".  How many IAB members feel strongly
about open standards, rough consensus and running code?  To know the answer I
would have to actually know the IAB members.

Are they really that hard to get to know?   A number of them are participating
in this conversation. It's certainly hard to get time to sit with them at IETF
meetings.   I don't know what the workload is like for IAB members, but I think
I worked at least an 80 hour week in Orlando.