Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-13 07:59:03
A question because my institutional memory does reach as far back:
How much was Europe represented over the decades in IETF leadership ?

Right now for example IESG seems to have maybe at least 5
europeans (don't really know how to figure out location for all of them,
those where just the easy ones for me).   But i would expect that this
was by far not the case going back in time.

Nobody cares about "diversity" for europeans in this round of the
discussion, but i wonder if this was equally true in the past.

Maybe this evolution would be a good example to folks without that long
reaching institutional memory to show how the IETF leadership
does pretty well  reflect the evolution of the industry. If the
industry will become more diverse, IETF will reflect this equally.
If on the other hand we try to achieve greater diversity than the
industry, then we have a real challenge on our hand.

The concentration to fewer and larger companies in todays vs. past
leadership was mentioned in before as "bad". I think its exactly
for the same reason.