Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-12 15:17:51
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:33:13AM -0800, Melinda Shore wrote:

address.  As I said I think that looking at the pool of
nominees who've accepted their nominations and comparing
it to the pool of people selected would provide one
very rough measure of bias (explicit or otherwise) in
one stage of the process.

Speaking only personally, but as one of the fat middle-aged white men
from North America whose mother tongue is English, and as someone who
was selected by the Nomcom for something this year, I strongly support
the above.  It would not be a result to give us anything remotely like
hard data, but it would be a result that could suggest further
inquiry.  And it oughta be cheap to generate.  As long as we use it
carefully, such a result could be useful.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com