Re: The Purpose of WG participants Review (was Re: Purpose of IESG Review)

2013-04-18 09:33:02
On Apr 18, 2013, at 5:02 AM, Yoav Nir <ynir(_at_)checkpoint(_dot_)com> wrote:
but you can become "prominent" in the sense that people might say "this
document hasn't had enough review. Let's ask so-and-so to read it"

Yes, it's worth noting that working group chairs are often desperate for people
about whom they can say this, so whether you attend in person or not, if you
are active on the mailing list and give good reviews and do good work, you will
get asked for this kind of help, and that does mean that you have high status.

I agree with Lloyd's criticism that you can't get everything this way, though,
because we don't give off-site non-attendees an easy turn at the mic.   We do
try, but it's not the same if you aren't there in person.