Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-18 13:00:46
Dan: the original reason for wanting to understand who the meeting participants
are (as a subset of all IETF participants) was a desire to track our
participation. Similarly to how we already track where they come from, and
present that pie chart in the plenary.

You raise an issue about making deductions about the leadership bias based on
these numbers. I agree that such deductions would be highly questionable. But
enabling such comparisons was not the intent. It truly was merely to understand
where we are in terms of participation, and how it evolves over time.

Jari