Call for IESG narrative scribe volunteers

2013-04-26 07:03:45
The IESG narrative minutes are posted, whenever available, at
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/minutes.html. Currently, Sue Hares and John Leslie are
carrying the load of taking these notes. Previously, Richard Barnes also served
in this role, but he has now other duties. We are very happy and grateful for
the service the scribes are producing - big thank you!

The IESG would like to recruit at least one more scribe. Other time commitments
are not always allowing current volunteers to adequately cover all of the IESG
meetings, and sharing the load would also be useful.

Volunteers should write to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org by May 10th.  We'll keep
names confidential, unless people choose to volunteer in public.

The general guidelines are:

- at least one scribe attends the regular IESG telechats (17:30 - 20:00 CET /
11:30 - 14:00 EST on alternate Thursdays).

- the scribe(s) will record narrative minutes of the discussions, but they will
not take part in the discussions except to ask for clarifications.

- the narrative minutes will be published after review by the IESG.  The intent
is to publish the narrative minutes within a month of the meeting.

- confidential items (principally personnel discussions) will not be reported
in detail. The scribe will not take part in any sessions from which liaisons
are excluded (e.g., nomination and appeal discussions).

The IESG scribes get a first hand opportunity to observe the IESG and their
decision process, as well many interesting technical and other topics.

If we do not receive volunteers, then the narrative minutes service may not
always be available.  We know how important this service is, however, for both
the community and the IESG itself, so additional volunteers would be
appreciated.

Jari Arkko
On behalf of the IESG