Re: W3C standards and the Hollyweb

2013-04-26 15:55:56
On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Brian E Carpenter <
brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

1. DRM is a fact of life, and it is therefore better that there should
be a well-formulated standard than a free-for-all. A free-for-all is a
guaranteed route to non-interoperability.

Crack cocaine, prostitution, and political corruption are also facts of
life.

OK, pardon the cheap shot, but I don’t think SDOs that have some sort of
stewardship relationship to the Internet should ever play any part
whatsoever in the facilitation of DRM.

I won’t consume your input bandwidth by backing up this position; the
arguments pro and contra DRM are not exactly secret, and I haven’t heard
any new ones in some years.  -T