Re: [spfbis] [dnsext] Obsoleting SPF RRTYPE

2013-04-29 16:18:12
If anyone wishes to see one aspect of what is wrong with IETF Diversity, then see whats going on in SPF BIS WG where a key IETF cog essentially attempts to shutdown discussions and communications, attacks posters which by my estimate were making progress.

Progress is a status quo - DON'T CHANGE THE RFC4408 SPECIFICATION in SPFBIS.

Many in DNS community do not agree with the change of removing a long term migration path to a SPF RRTYPE. In fact, not changing the existing specification would end the issue and hopefully satisfy all principles.

--
HLS