Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-29 16:21:42
At 04:40 PM 4/29/2013, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 4/29/2013 12:04 PM, Michael StJohns wrote:
At 01:34 AM 4/29/2013, Dave Crocker wrote:
Actually, I don't think this is even a mostly correct statement -
that AD select chairs.

It is a long-standing, simple, objective, unvarying management fact of IETF
procedure:  ADs hire and fire wg chairs.

The AD's do have the final say.  No question.  But  "select" implies that the
own the entire process of creating and staffing a WG. Nope.

Second point:

You ignored most of the post and went directly to my last question

I went to the meta-point that

[Dave Crocker believes that]

the line of discussion isn't methodologically meaningful or educationally
useful.  Possibly you noticed one or two additional postings in this
sub-thread asserting the same thing.

And one or two actually considering whether or not there was something to be
gleaned from such data.

I'll take your opinion under advisement.  Thanks.

Mike

d/

--
Dave Crocker