Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-29 15:49:49
"Stewart" == Stewart Bryant <stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> writes:

    Stewart> Why would you disregard a statistical analysis? That seems
    Stewart> akin to disregarding the fundamentals of science and

Statistical analysis is only useful if it's going to tell you something
that matters for your decision criteria.

Let's take Mike's most recent messages here.  It doesn't actually matter
to me whether the problem in gender diversity is at the nomcom level or
at the wg chair selection level.
So, a statistical discussion of whether there's bias in nomcom choosing
leaders from the wg chairs does not provide input that matters in my
decision criteria, so I disregard that particular analysis.

I certainly did not mean to imply that I disregard statistics, or even
disregard statistics in diversity discussions.  Simply, I don't find the
statistical discussion here pointful, and I think it's a sufficient
distraction that I felt a need to speak out about it.