Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-30 15:32:49
I think the statistics are very interesting and we should continue developing
them, but we should also not be driven by them. I'll repeat again what I've
said before: I can see increasing both participation diversity and leadership
diversity being useful for the IETF. We are limited by various constraints,
type of people who are in our field, where the industry is located in the
world, funding resources, expertise gained by various participants, etc. But
within those constraints, I'd see plenty of benefits to increasing diversity
along many axes. (Or indeed even relaxing some of the constraints, such
lowering participation costs by remote participation, or lowering leadership
costs by requiring less than 100% time commitments.)

Jari