Re: [IETF] Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-30 11:00:14

----- Original Message -----
From: "Warren Kumari" <warren(_at_)kumari(_dot_)net>
To: "Joe Abley" <jabley(_at_)hopcount(_dot_)ca>
Cc: "Sam Hartman" <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu>;
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>;
<stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 10:01 PM

On 2013-04-29, at 16:49, Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu> wrote:

"Stewart" == Stewart Bryant <stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> writes:

  Stewart> Why would you disregard a statistical analysis? That seems
  Stewart> akin to disregarding the fundamentals of science and

Statistical analysis is only useful if it's going to tell you
something
that matters for your decision criteria.

http://i.imgur.com/47D7zGq.png

Wow, that *was* useful, and has helped reinforce my belief that I chose
the right browser -- "Think of the children, don't use IE."

<tp>
Warren

The correlation that has attracted attention near me is the marked drop
in crime rates compared with a reduction in the use of leaded petrol;
here, you can make a comparison with countries that have or have not
reduced the use of leaded petrol at different times, and the correlation
stands up, so perhaps Microsoft is not implicated in this one.

Tom Petch

Couldn't resist: http://xkcd.com/552/

Joe

--
There were such things as dwarf gods. Dwarfs were not a naturally
religious species, but in a world where pit props could crack without