Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-30 15:42:04
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
-- bob dylan

we do not need measurements to know the ietf is embarrassingly
non-diverse.  it is derived from and embedded in an embarrassingly
non-diverse culture.

we need to do what we can to remedy this.  progress not perfection is
our goal.

measurement may be useful to see if we are having effect and/or what
things have effect (meeting locales, size of cookies, ...).

we should be asking the minorities and those struggling to particiate
what we can do to help.

randy