Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-29 11:46:27
On 4/29/2013 9:38 AM, John C Klensin wrote:
First, our having these
discussions have, I believe, already increased sensitivities to
the issues and maybe even how the community thinks about it.

Actually, it probably hasn't.

It has raised awareness that there are people who are sensitive to the topic. It probably has raised some people's awareness that there are serious issues here and that the IETF ought to pay attention to them (better).

I seriously doubt it has afforded many folk a sense of how to behave differently, and how to evaluate community and management choices in terms of diversity concerns.

Let's not confuse activity with progress.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking