financial fun with an IETF Meeting in South America

2013-05-29 10:03:28
Hello,

I'd also say that I've never heard anyone making that sort of statement.
For instance, the argentinan government itself has a program to increase
Internet connectivity throughout the country --

 That is the web page of the program that Fernando mentions,
http://www.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/  (spanish ) - netbooks with windows and
Linux :)  for the kids -

His view is shared by many, so in the event IETF gets to meet in Buenos
Aires, if the meeting becomes public, don't be surprised to see some
coordinated political manifestation.

I live in Argentina too, and people don't make political manifestation
about Internet topics. In opposite. In Mendoza (Arg.) we did a lot of
events (conferences, hands-on) for the people (no technical) about IPv6 and
they were very interested on it and the concurrence was high (200 people
:-))

Argentina is a beautiful place to know :-), have a lot of things to do, and
is always full of tourist during all the seasons.

Kind Regards,

Ines Robles.