Re: When to adopt a WG I-D

2013-05-30 10:00:15
On May 29, 2013, at 11:53 PM, Adrian Farrel
<adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

I can also see potential for adding some info to the Tao, but the danger
there is that document becomes too big and too detailed to be of use.

Many would claim it already is. We discussed that here a few years ago, and
informally decided "too long" was better than "too short and with a lot of
pointers to other documents that needed to be read".

Is this a tutorial?

Mainly. To quote...

     NOTE:    This draft is intentionally non-normative.  It is meant as a
     guide to common practice, rather than as a formal definition of
     what is permissible.

Proposal: maybe don't do this as an Internet Draft, but do it as a tutorial.

--Paul Hoffman