Re: Content-free Last Call comments

2013-06-10 17:06:42
On Jun 10, 2013, at 5:52 PM, "Bradner, Scott" <sob(_at_)harvard(_dot_)edu>
wrote:
I do not see all that much help in having someone list reasons they support
publication unless
there is some particularly wonderful feature or the prose is particularly
clear

I don't really see any point in expressing support for a document during IETF
last call unless it is as a rejoinder to some valid expression of non-support.
 A valid expression of non-support would point out some technical point that
either was not considered by the working group, or was considered, but the
working group wasn't competent to evaluate the question.   Or it would point
out some process failure that occurred in the working group.

Even if you review the document during IETF last call, unless you find a
problem with it there's not much point in saying anything.